May – June 2011: QF Version 1.9 (Pre Version 2.0)
Just want to post an update up regarding Version 1.9. It is yet to be v2.0 as there are some minor refinements to be added. A summary of the updates are as such:
* Major UI and UX Design Updates
* Fixed Visual Editor Bugs..
* Added visual editor features: themes, borders, border colors, border radius, answer backgrounds, answer borders, button styling
* Overhaul web form layouts to include radio buttons with submit button instead of direct button for regular questions
* Added open text regular questions
* Added open text checkbox questions
* Added fixed checkbox questions
* Border area for quiz/survey answers for better design/userbility
* Added date filtering for statistics tab
* Added duplicate function for quiz/surveys (for easy split test creation)
* Added side tabs in dashboard for quicker access to support and more advice/tips/support
* Split Functions to new Parent tabs: Funnels, DIsplay Embed Codes, Total Value Evaluation option
Details about the updates are as follows:
Major UI and UX Design Updates (And Side tabs!)
These include a restyling of the dashboard in terms of looks. I opted to go for a light greenish background which is more soothing for the eyes, and the tabs are now displayed as individual tabs with their own borders for more clarity and distinctiveness between one another.
Also, there are now side tabs to easily reference info (from me to you) and to notify users of updates easily.
Visual Editor Improvement
Much has been changed in the Visual Editor in terms of functionality. What we kept in mind is that the end result – the actual quiz/survey/feedback form itself – has to look appealing, pretty (to meet standards of webmasters and web users in this web 2.0 era) and provide a great user experience for the user doing it. And I believe we have achieved it!
Old visual editor with example webform:
New visual editor with new webform style and look:
Things to note: Much more customization (with more customization comes more complexity too), and hence we added a ‘Theme’ drop down menu to help users quickly get a theme up and running for their web forms. More documentation for web forms will be provided.
Radio buttons and Web Forms
Instead of the old web form which was a direct one button click which leads to the next question, we opted to follow with a radio button for a selection first, with a submit button to proceed to the next question.
The reason we felt this was better was because with the old method, a user may select an answer either accidentally, or may actually feel like re-considering his answer before proceeding to the next question. While the latter is still not doable (to go back one question and reconsider it), the former is now reduced due to there being a 2 step process. Though this may slow down things a little, we believe that the exchange is much better off.
For most users, the dark and light scheme should fit seamlessly into their website designs. Tones of colours (black, grey, whitish) are usually quite easy to fit into designs.
Statistics and Date Filtering
A date filtering is now added to the statistics tab to help you sort your statistics easier.
A duplicate button can be found in the Main Dashboard to help users quickly duplicate their quizzes/surveys. This helps a lot of split-testing..to help users fine-tune and test out small changes in questions or wording to see which works better for their conversions.
And that’s a huge update from the previous version! A few more small refinements will be coming soon to round this version to 2.0. More updates on that soon!